Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Go see your Priest

When I drafted Larry Johnson back in August, I immediately heard from many of my fellow fantasy footballers.

The message was the same from each of them.

"Dude, the guy carried 416 times last year, he's going to get injured this year by Week 5!"

Well he showed you, didn't he. He didn't get injured until Week 9!

That's right, four extra weeks on what has been a completely disappointing season for L.J. But I'm not bitter.

Maybe I should have listened to my friends and not the beverage I may or may not have been consuming during the draft in Las Vegas.

Nonetheless, this brings us to the pick-up of the week in fantasy football - Priest Holmes.

If you have not already done so, check his availability stat. Remember, this is a guy who set the NFL single-season touchdown record just four years ago (though it's already been broken - twice). He's a baller.

And with LJ out for at least two weeks, Holmes will carry the load for the Chiefs, and he'll start this week agaisnt Denver - the league's worst rush defense.

If Holmes is gone - and chances are good he is - here is Yahoo's remaining top pick-ups for Week 10.

No comments: