Tuesday, November 6, 2007

An A(P) for effort

Adrian Peterson is my hero.

Yes, I may be biased, considering he's on my fantasy team and got me a whopping 46 points on Sunday.

But the dude's a flat-out stud.

Read this story in the Dallas Morning News and you'll know what I mean.

The guy's mom dies when he's a kid. His dad gets involved with drugs and spends most of his son's lifetime in jail.

When his dad finally gets out to see him play a college game at Oklahoma for the first time, Peteron breaks his collarbone.

Then "AP" loses his brother in February.And, due to injury concerns, the guy slides to the seventh pick in the NFL draft in April.

That means there's six teams out there right now saying one thing:

Oops.

Not to mention the other nine members of my fantasy league, who let AP drift to the seventh round, where I picked him up.

Through nine weeks, Peterson is the leading fantasy running back and has already elevated himself as one of the elite backs in the NFL.

It's hard not to root for a guy who's been through so much.I suppose it's even easier to do when he gets your fantasy team 46 points.

Did I mention that, already?

No comments: