Tuesday, October 23, 2007

There's only one October!

Dane Cook has me so pumped for the World Series.

Or maybe it's the fact that my childhood team, the Colorado Rockies, is in the fall classic for the first time in franchise history.

But even if it wasn't my favorite professional sports team playing for a world title (and it is, if I didn't mention that), I'd still be watching.

Here are the top 5, Cook-less reasons for watching the 2007 World Series:

5. It's not going to be on TBS: Rockies fans have endured through two series on the "Superstation," whose production of postseason baseball made my cell phone videos look Emmy-worthy. Fox never sounded so good.

4. Josh Beckett vs. Jeff Francis: Beckett may be one of the greatest postseason pitchers ever already in his career. Francis has emerged as the Rockies' true ace. Game 1 will be a can't-miss affair.

3. The Old meets the New: Everyone's heard of David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez. But numbers-wise they are no longer far ahead of Rockies' outfielder Matt Holliday. Troy Tulowitzki is also emerging as a superstar at short stop.

2. Destiny vs. Dynasty - The Rockies, winners of 21 of their last 22, have made one of the greatest postseason runs in sports history. Can the magic last or will the Red Sox win their second Series in three years?

1. There's only one October - Not two, not eight, just one. I think Cook would be very upset if you missed this - just a feeling.

And for the record, I've got the Rox over the Sox in 7.

Go Rockies.

No comments: